Bob O’Connor Golf Course at Schenley Park will REOPEN on
Friday, May 1, 2020 at 8:00 AM
This is great news for the golf community! However, to keep EVERYONE safe during these unprecedented times, there will be strict guidelines that MUST be followed in order to play the golf course. Failure to comply with these rules and restrictions may result in your removal from the facility.
All tee times MUST be pre-paid using the Bob O’Connor Golf Course app on your phone, or by calling the Golf Shop at 412-622-6959. Reservations MUST may be made on the BOGC app, or on our facility website at www.theBobGC.com. There will be absolutely no walk-in payments, and NO CASH will be accepted in the Golf Shop. You MUST have a pre-paid tee time to begin play on the Golf Course.
The Golf Shop will be open from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM during the week, and from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM on weekends and holidays.
Rules & Restrictions of Play
- All players must practice social distancing and maintain a minimum distance of six feet from each other as well as employees at all times.
- We WILL NOT have rental clubs or pull carts available. Every player MUST have their own golf clubs and bag to play.
- There will be no access to the Golf Shop, and no golf equipment, food or beverages for sale at the facility.
- All ball washers and trash bins have been removed from the golf course. Players WILL BE responsible for removing and discarding all trash and belongings before leaving the facility.
- No player should touch the flagsticks. All holes have been modified so you do not need to touch the flagstick or the hole liner to retrieve your ball.
- Masks are REQUIRED for customers at time of check in, or as required by local and CDC guidelines.
- You may be paired with another player or group in order to maintain pace of play and keep up with demand.
- You must arrive at least 10 minutes before your tee time to check in. This is an important aspect to social distancing and reopening safely.
- The practice putting greens will be CLOSED. Do not linger in the practice areas before you begin play.
- Once your tee time and payment have been confirmed by the Golf Shop staff, please proceed directly to the tee on Hole #1, and begin play when the first green is clear. Do not begin play on any other holes.
Please demonstrate RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY and JUDGMENT in your actions, and make every effort to keep yourself and everyone at the facility safe and healthy!
Disclaimer: As is the case with any public or other facility outside of the home, use of the Bob O’Connor Golf Course at Schenley Park may expose you to the COVID-19 Virus. Your decision to play golf at the facility is made knowingly and voluntarily by you with full knowledge of this risk. If you disagree, do not come. Otherwise, your play on the golf course shall constitute a waiver, and will release the First Tee of Pittsburgh from any and all liability with respect to exposure to the COVID-19 virus.